Our bespoke product sourcing service is carried out by ShopCurious founder and curator, Susan Muncey, a former finalist in Drapers Record Top Buyer of the Year Award, and holder of a Masters degree in fashion history and culture.
Susan can source items as requested, but is especially good at finding handcrafted, vintage, unique and unusual one-off pieces. The service is carried out independently, without any affiliation to the product providers, and will be limited to virtual searches encompassing emerging designers, online boutiques, retail platforms, niche online events and auction houses.
This service may be the perfect solution if you are looking for:
- Unique and original items that are one-offs
- Aesthetically pleasing handmade, eco-friendly, and vintage pieces
- Items you can be assured are sustainable, ethically made, and where you can trace the provenance of manufacture and/or ownership
- Pieces that are personalised or made to order
- Home accessories and furniture by emerging designers you may not have heard of
- Collectable items that may appreciate in value as an investment
- Furniture and home accessories for film productions or show homes
The first stage of the process involves a short (10-15 minute) telephone or Zoom conversation to establish the exact nature of your requirement(s). You will be asked a number of questions related to the bespoke search.
A non-refundable deposit is payable for the initial consultation. Time allocation and specific details of the search will be agreed in advance, and payment for this service will be made prior to any product sourcing.
Up to a maximum of four options will be given for each item being sought. You will be provided with a final list of recommendations together with urls to make your purchase(s) directly from the online destination(s) provided.
Please note that fees for this service are charged in addition to the cost of items, which can be purchased after recommendation. Prices for auction lots are based on estimates only and cannot be guaranteed.